2017-18 International Graduate Student Research Award
The Department of Physiology is pleased to announce the seventh competition for the 'Department of Physiology International Graduate Student Research Award'. The terms of this program are as follows:
Up to 2 laboratories will receive a $10,000 grant each towards the stipend of an existing or new international graduate student who is registered in the 2017-18 academic year (limited to 1 year). Awards will be limited to one per laboratory except under exceptional circumstances.
Students must be accepted by the Department and registered into the Graduate program (including the signed graduate student-supervisor agreement) by September 2017 to be considered.
Final decisions on fund allocation will be made by the Graduate Studies Committee. Priority will be given to students who do not hold funding from other sources.
To be eligible, the laboratory of the principle investigator must be in 'good standing' in the Graduate Department of Physiology, with criteria for 'good standing ' to include:
- On-time submission of annual reports by current graduate students in the laboratory
- Routine meetings with the graduate supervisory committees (e.g. 1-2 per year) for current graduate students in the laboratory
- Attendance of a minimum of 8 departmental seminars per year by current graduate students in the laboratory
- Participation in Research Platform activities by current graduate students in the laboratory
- Reasonable thesis completion times for out-going graduate students in the laboratory (e.g. 2 years for MSc students and 4-5 years for PhD students)
- Participation in Departmental Education Activities
If the number of eligible laboratories exceeds the number of available grants, then the students will be ranked based upon their academic achievements, as included in the application package. Preference will be given to students who have not received this award previously.
Supervisors are requested to apply on-line and attach a copy of the student's CV and a letter of support, with justification for funding if necessary. All applications must be submitted by October 17, 2017.
For further information on this program, please contact Rosalie Pang at email@example.com.
**This award is based on the availability of funding on a year to year basis.**
Graham L. Collingridge, FRS, FMedSci, FRSB, FBPhS
Ernest B. and Leonard B. Smith Chair
Department of Physiology